Friday, December 14, 2007

Home


Home... I'm going home. I'm not quite sure what that means, but that's what I've been hearing around me lately, so there must be something to it... "yeeeaaah, I'm going hoome!! Isn't that great?" - "We're going home, Ioana!!"- "duuude, you're coming home in a few days!!" - so yeah, I guess I'm going home.

Home is such an overrated notion, isn't it? - That one place that you.. i don't really know, that you *something* in. That one place where you (place random action here)...
- where you were born? where you grew up? where you have Christmas? where you did *whatever* for the first time? where you have Remmi pieces stuck in the doorknobs from when you were 5?

I don't really have all that. I've moved around more than 90% of all Romanians. And before coming here I thought it was abnormal. I thought it meant not having part of your identity. I genuinely believed there was something wrong with me for not having slept in the same room for more than 3 years.
But there isn't. There really isn't. I get to choose my home. And my home is essentially, well, people. People close to me, who make it so. The bonds are stronger and you appreciate them quite a bit more. I can make a home out of any place. Just give me a pot of good tea, soft seats and good company.

No comments: